Website map

Saturday, October 1, 2011

King Kong Kone

So my roommate Donnie and I were having a... competition... to complete a certain... objective... and we decided the competition would end at midnight after the last day of the month. Today is October first. Neither of us reached the goal we had agreed on. Which I figured would happen. I was not very optimistic about it from the get-go. I will offer no further details on this objective. If you want to know, ask me...

The punishment for failure?

Buying a gigantic King Kong Kone from Macy's grocery store.

And eating it in one sitting.

No breaks.

No saving any for later.

I have never had so much soft serve ice-cream at one time in my life.




And that's not even all of the ice cream... there was another few inches on top of that, plus the cone (which was thick and filled with ice cream as well). I just forgot to take a picture until we had eaten most of the top off. You can see some of the cone in Donnie's hand.

So much ice cream... and yet I still love it. Very much.
That, and seven-layer bean dip.
And chocolate.
And clam chowder with sourdough bread.
Maybe I should save the list for another post...

No comments:

Post a Comment