Website map

Monday, February 13, 2012

A step towards Happily Ever After

It is strange how I've been looking forward to this moment my whole life, and all of a sudden I'm here. I've reached this point. It is quite strange to think about. Rather surreal.

Sorry it took me so long to post. Well, maybe not a super long time... it's only been 3 days...
People have been asking about the story.
And I (being a girl) love telling stories like this.
So let me fill you all in.
I'll try to keep it brief.

Long story short:
Douglas Kelly and I met during the first week of the 2011 fall semester at BYU. I must admit that I was interested in him from the get-go. Over the next couple months, we talked and got to know each other. Our first date was the day before Thanksgiving, and we officially started dating exclusively at the beginning of January. From the time we first started dating, I felt like I could spend my life with him. I didn't know how long it would take to get to that point, and it happened quicker than I expected - Exactly 5 weeks later, he proposed. And nothing has ever felt more right in my life.

Let me (briefly) tell you how he did it.

Once again, long story short:
It was Friday evening, February 10th. We drove up to the Rock Canyon "Bowl" Park. It was a clear, starry night... warm enough that I wasn't even wearing a jacket. We went over to one of the pavilions along the eastern side of the bowl. We could see the spire of the Provo Temple over the hill. There was a card on the table, and he told me, "I think it's for you." I read it... it was short and sweet, and at the end in post script it said "Please say yes"... and then the next thing I knew, he was on his knees. I admit, I turned into a little bit of a leaky faucet that night.

I know there are pictures of the ring on facebook, but they show the detail more than the color. It's so sparkly, bright, and clear in real life! The picture below shows the color better... go to facebook for the detail. And pardon my red fingers... I was outside. And it was cold.



Girl moment:
It's soooo pretty in person.
Pictures don't do it justice.
Just saying.
And he picked it out without my input.
Just what I wanted! Design, size, and all!


How happy can you get in life? If I get any happier, I might explode! And this is just after getting engaged. I can only imagine how I will feel on May 26th when we get married. When we are sealed together for time and all eternity. What a wonderful thought. There will be more details to come on the time of the reception and whatnot, so keep an eye out!

I love you Doug! Thank you for being my best friend.

No comments:

Post a Comment