Website map

Sunday, December 4, 2011

Empty my mind? Wish I could...

My last week of classes begins tomorrow! I can't tell you how relieved I am that classes are nearly over with. I've really enjoyed my classes this semester, don't get me wrong, but it's nice to know that I won't have to worry about them after this week (except for finals, but those aren't really worrying me...) It's just that point in the semester... I want to be done.

Also, can I just say how much I love Sundays?
Relaxing.
Rejuvenating, both physically, mentally, and spiritually.
Great time for reflection.
I feel like I think too much about my life on Sundays. I should focus a bit more on spiritual matters... but it's just convenient to work my life out on a day when I don't have to worry about a bunch of other things.

And I have too much to think about.

It gets in the way of falling asleep sometimes... I just can't turn my brain off.

You'd think that if I spent all day thinking about life, then I would be all done with thinking by the time I got in bed. But that's not so with me. I just find new things to contemplate, or I keep turning the same thoughts over and over in my mind. Looking for new patterns. Trying to make sense of something that I just can't quite understand, some puzzle I can't quite piece together. Of course, if I'm tired enough then I'll fall asleep despite my brain wanting to keep thinking.

I need to learn how to empty my mind.

Occlumency, anyone? Nerd moment.

Getting back to Sundays... they just make me happy. Going to 3 hours-worth of spiritual enlightenment and edification is great. Gotta love church. And now we're home listening to Christmas music. And I'm going to go to choir in a couple minutes. And we're having a bunch of desserts at 3. And there's a Christmas Fireside tonight. Yep, plenty to look forward to today.

2 comments:

  1. Yester Sunday was on of the most peaceful and restful Sundays I have ever had. It was so nice.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yester Sunday was indeed a good Sunday. :)

    ReplyDelete