Website map

Thursday, April 30, 2015

Baby Meets Avocado

As the title of the post implies, Nicole got her first taste of "big kid food" exactly a week ago. And yes, it was mashed-up avocado. She didn't really know what to make of it at first, but over the past week she's really warmed up to it. Bananas, on the other hand, were not something she liked right away. It's taken a couple days, but I was finally able to feed her bananas tonight without her making faces.

Point for Team Veggie!

(Although... avocado is technically a fruit...)

She's also starting to get the hang of eating from a spoon, and she doesn't spit much out because her tongue-thrust reflex is basically gone now. I've even let her attempt to drink out of a sippy cup. She knew what to do with that sippy cup the moment I handed it to her! Smart girl.

 
 
What should I have her try next?! I'm thinking of steaming some carrots and then mashing them up... or maybe some sweet potato? She just seems ready to eat more, and I want to keep the momentum going and use the French "introduce her to ALL the foods" method.
 
 

2 comments:

  1. We've done butternut squash, peas, green beans, mandarin oranges, Apple sauce, banana and carrot so far. I'm going to try mango, pears, prunes and sweet potato next. He's also tasted chocolate cake, bad parents haha. You're daig is so adorable, btw! 😉

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Mmm, chocolate cake, that sounds like something I'd sneak to her! Haha. I let her gum down a good-sized chunk of cantaloupe yesterday and she LOVED it.

      Delete