Website map

Tuesday, June 9, 2015

First Hike


On Friday I came home from Target with a new baby carrier that has 4 different carrying styles, including on the back. Doug immediately suggested that this warranted a short hike to test it out, so we went on our very first hike with Nicole on Saturday. She was as quiet as a clam the whole time.

Then she fell asleep on the way back down.

What a life... being carried up and down a mountain while you snooze leisurely. Babies have got it made!


Man, it's been a long time since I've gone hiking. I forget how awesome it is to be in nature.

I am once again stunned by the beauty of the Wasatch mountain front. It's kinda crazy that I really get to live in a place that's this gorgeous. On the way home from our hike today, I (semi)jokingly said to Doug that once he's graduated he could go get a job anywhere and we could move out of Utah. The moment the words were out of my mouth, I felt a little pang of sadness.

You guys. I think Utah has claimed my soul. I really do enjoy living here. The only huge downside I can think of is that I'm so far away from my family.

And look at that view. Man. And it takes barely any time to get up here.


^^^I spy a sleeping baby!

Yeah. I do like it here. If we ever move out of the state, we'd better move somewhere that gives this place a run for it's money.


No comments:

Post a Comment