Website map

Saturday, July 21, 2012

The Time I Was In A Music Video

Wow, talk about being MIA blog-wise... but I'm back!
And it's been a busy week!

I love to dance. Love love love.

On Thursday, I got to dance my heart out. From 9 in the morning until 8:30 at night, I was helping with the filming of a music video that will be shown at the end of the Homecoming Spectacular for my college (BYU) in October.

I discovered that 11.5 hours is a long time to dance. Especially when there's only a one hour break for lunch and then you get right back to practicing choreography. And it's humid outside. But it's an experience that I wouldn't trade for anything. I got to spend time with members of the Cougarette Dance Team, The Young Ambassadors, some cheerleaders, and musical theatre dancers... and we all worked to create a great production!

Song: "Come So Far (Got So Far To Go)" From Hairspray
Location: The Maeser Honors Building... the oldest building on the BYU campus

Scene one: Lecture Hall



Scene two: big staircase


Scene three: The main hallway


Scene 4-end: Outside the building

We had some extras come join us at 5:30 and taught them some simple choreography. People as young as 10 and as old as 70-ish came to join us!


The Maeser Building is celebrating it's 100th Birthday this year. So... we made it the focus of Homecoming this year. After all, it is the cornerstone of this campus. The first building... and we've come so far since then! But we still have so far to go!

For those of you not familiar with the song... here it is (except we used the original broadway version). I'll put the music video up in a couple months once homecoming is done and we have access to it on YouTube.



Now I can check off a bucket list item... "Be in a music video".
Check!
If any of you have completed any bucket list items recently, I would love to hear about them!



No comments:

Post a Comment