Website map

Friday, July 13, 2012

Piña Coladas

Two words: Piña. Colada.
I have an obsession with this pineapple-coconut mixture. What a combo!
I happened across a recipe that I loved and (with a few adjustments) have been using it ever since. No alcohol, tons of fruity goodness, and very refreshing!

For a good 2 servings, you'll need:
  • 1/2 cup pineapple juice
  • 1/2 cup pineapple tidbits
  • 1/4 cup coconut milk
  • Sugar and vanilla to taste (optional)

Put the first 3 ingredients in a blender and add about 6 ice cubes. Pulse the blender on high until the ice is just about all chopped up.

This is usually the point where I add the sugar and vanilla. I just eyeball it, but I'd say about 1/2 tsp of vanilla and 1/2 tbsp of sugar. It's not necessary, but it adds flavor!

Add in another 6 ice cubes and pulse a bit to chop them up, then run the blender on high for around 15 seconds. Check your drink's consistency. If it's still too runny, add another couple ice cubes.

Run the blender/add ice until your pina colada looks like this:


Yum yum yum! Enjoy!






3 comments:

  1. Thanks for stopping by my blog! I really appreciate it:) Just going to surf your blog a little and see whats going on!
    http://christinadesignsart.wordpress.com/

    ReplyDelete
  2. Just hopping back over to meet and greet you:) Thanks so very much for entering my giveaway! I am now following you via GFC and would love to invite you to link up any of your favorite posts to my Freedom Fridays Blog hop:) Here's the link
    http://myturn-evelyn.blogspot.com/
    Have a wonderful weekend!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh Yes!!! You brought pina coladas to my party! I love a good pina colada and this recipe sounds so fresh and cool and easy. Thank you so very much for sharing at Freedom Fridays!

    ReplyDelete