Website map

Wednesday, January 2, 2013

Um... since when is it 2013?!

Is it just me, or did 2012 seem to just fly by? At the same time, I must admit that there were some parts of the year that seemed to go very, very slowly.

For example: being engaged was torture. The wedding seemed ages away! I thought the day would never come. Not to mention that I didn't even see my fiance for a whole month prior to the wedding week, which isn't that long when you compare it to how long other people have to wait (think of guys in the military) but still... it seemed long to me! But the day finally came, and it was definitely the highlight of the year.

My sister-in-law had a New Year's Eve party at her house, and we literally spent half the time playing this game that she, my husband, and their siblings made up when they were young. All the lights in the house are turned off and the person with the pillow is "it". Everyone else has to avoid getting hit with the pillow. If you're touching hardwood floor, you are not safe and can get whacked by the pillow. Everywhere else is safe. You have to try to sneak from safe spot to safe spot without getting hit. We were having tons of fun... Were we all adults? Yes. Did we have any alcohol? Not one drop. It just goes to show that you don't need to drink to have a ridiculously good time at a party!

At midnight, we were out in the snow yelling, banging pots and pans together, and drinking sparkling cider. You can't ring in the new year without making a bunch of noise, after all!





Me an' my forehead wrinkles...


Dear 2013,
You have a lot to live up to. 2012 was a pretty amazing year, but I'm confident that you can be an even more amazing year than 2012 ever was! Oh, and I still owe you some resolutions. We can't have a better year than 2012 without making some goals, right? So let's get started, shall we? Here's to a new year!

post signature

4 comments:

  1. Sounds like a blast!

    Mainlymeghan.Blogspot.Com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks like you had fun! I am with you.. 2012 went by way too fast. Stopping over from the Sunday Social with My Turn for Us. Now Following your wonderful blog :)
    xoxo
    Heather

    ReplyDelete
  3. Looks like you had a lot of fun! Wishing you the best of 2013, it's gonna be a great year.
    xoxo
    CoverGirl + Converse

    ReplyDelete
  4. The year did sure fly by. I expect this one will to for me. Have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete