Website map

Monday, January 7, 2013

GNO: Cupcake Dates

School started again today. Recently, I've had a bit of a love-hate relationship with school, but I do believe that this semester will be much more enjoyable than the past semester (even though it will be more busy).

But for the moment, I don't want to talk about school.

Over the weekend, I went on a little GNO with this cute (former) roommate of mine. We went to The Cocoa Bean Cupcake Cafe... because who doesn't like gourmet cupcakes and Mexican Hot Chocolate when it's 10 degrees F outside?


She's cute, just precious, even though every dang picture I took of her turned out pixel-y-ish. Yes, that's a word..........

This was supposed to be a (very) belated birthday outing, but she got engaged recently, so it was more of a "happy engagement!" celebration. Most of our time at the Cafe was filled with engagement stories, wedding talk, and commenting on how the lights in the building made our rings super sparkly.

Behold, the Phat Monkey cupcake. I bought it for two reasons: 1) It tastes amazing, and 2) it's called Phat Monkey. The name alone makes it worthy of consumption.



I spent another couple hours back at her apartment talking with her and my other cute (former) roommate whom I took on a very similar cupcake date back on her birthday.
And we ate homemade cheese dip and pretzel bites right out of the oven.
Because a big, fat cupcake and yummy hot chocolate wasn't enough for one night.


Lesson to be learned? Marriage is amazing and I loooooove spending time with Doug... but sometimes, a little bit of girl time is wonderful! (Doug... don't let me forget that, okay? Because I can be a little reclusive. Okay. Thanks.)

post signature

3 comments:

  1. If pixel-y-ish isn't actually a word I need to re evaluate some life choices,

    ReplyDelete
  2. I want a Phat Monkey cupcake! Ahhh, looks like a fun GNO!

    ReplyDelete