Website map

Sunday, December 30, 2012

I went home for Christmas

So I'm finally back in Provo after spending nearly 2 weeks in Fresno, CA. And my blog was neglected in the process. But I have NO regrets about that because it was nice to not have to worry about posting this or that.

Going back home reminds me of how much I love my family. This was my first time seeing them since I got married. A new record. So... it was nice to catch up on things and relax. Poke fun at siblings and not worry about housework. The Christmas season is all about family, and I'm so glad I got to spend the holidays back home.

From depleting my grandpa's supply of Starbucks Hot Cocoa, to attending my little sister's baptism, to Christmas festivities, the whole vacation was wonderful. I am so glad I have a loving family and that they all get along with my husband so well! It was our first Christmas together as husband and wife, and his first Christmas with my family. I'd say that it all went very smoothly.

Plus... we got to go spend a day on the coast.
The beach? At Christmastime? Heck. Yes.









A little bit of salty sea air never hurts. Especially when you get to eat at Jockos Steakhouse at the end of the day. I'm not much of a steak person. Unless the steak is cooked by someone who knows what they are doing. And at Jockos, they know. I wouldn't mind having steak from that place all the time.

I hope that you all had a wonderful Christmas and that you're just as excited for a new year as I am!


post signature

11 comments:

  1. I have those snowman cups tooo!

    you guys are adoraable, glad you had sooo much fun:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your photography is fantastic and your thoughts on family are so 'spot on' ~ Glad you spent with your family ~ happy new year to you ^_^ ~

    Am your latest follower on GFC ~ ^_^

    (A Creative Harbor ~ aka ArtMuseDog and Carol ^_^)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gorgeous photos! Stopping by and following from the Let's Get Social Hop! I love your blog.

    Happy New Year!
    Kathy @ www.lifeonlakeshoredrive.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. So nice to see you back here- we missed you!

    mainlymeghan.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is a little random, but what template do you use where there's no background?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I use the very last template under the "simple template" category. Then I just customized it to change the width and layout and whatnot...

      Delete
  6. Thank you so much for offering the ad space giveaway!! I was so happy to hear that I had won:)

    Happy New Year!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thank you for joining Evelyn and myself at our first ever Lets Get Social Sunday hop! I'm following via GFC. Enjoy the rest of your week :) - Jamie @ Love Bakes Good Cakes

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi, Great post. I found you through the blog hop. Now following you.Please stop by and say hi when you get a chance.

    Be sure and check out my new Blog Hop that we just started, It's Weekly Goals Link Up. It's a great way to stay on track. Have a great day. :) Here's the link in case you want to check it out. Thanks again.http://lenettacarnes.blogspot.com/2013/01/weekly-goals-linkup-1.html

    Also,My daughter, Kisha, also is taking over Fill In the Blank Fridays. The person doing it has decided she can't do it anymore so Kisha is now doing it. Her first one is today. Would love for you to join us there also. It's a fun one. Her blog ishttp://www.kjaggers.com/2013...

    You can also go to her page and at the to sign up for a reminder on both of these each week
 Have a wonderful evening. :)

    ReplyDelete