Website map

Thursday, October 4, 2012

Black Eye...

I'm sure that the last thing you want to see when you are surfing the blog-o-sphere is someone with an injury.

But dang it, this week has been so busy and I don't know what else to post about at the moment, so I'm just gonna go ahead and post a picture of the tiny experiment I did in my theatre makeup class yesterday.

Yeah. A fresh black eye.
It's just starting to swell up and turn color.
Beautiful, isn't it?
Even more beautiful with the blotchy quality of the pictures my phone takes!


Bear with me, it was only my first attempt at a black eye.

I walked home with the makeup still on, and it was so funny to see people double-take when they saw my face
They even tried to be sneaky about it so I wouldn't know they were looking at me.
Hilarious.

Don't worry. We don't always give ourselves black eyes in makeup.
Next week it's much better!
We're giving ourselves burns, broken noses, slit throats, cuts, scrapes, bites... you name it!

Oh, the magical wonders of stage makeup.

Thank goodness it's Friday tomorrow.


post signature

16 comments:

  1. I think you did an awesome job!

    ReplyDelete
  2. woah,i thought this was real! great job!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi! I'm your newest follower! I found you through the blog hop, which I'm super excited about because your blog is adorable!

    Stage makeup is the best! And your black eye looks totally real, so awesome job!

    I'd love if you followed back! You can find my blog at What's in a Name?

    Can't wait to read more from you!

    ReplyDelete
  4. that looks really realistic! x

    ReplyDelete
  5. that sounds way to fun, and that black eye is VERY realistic!

    newest follower from the hop
    xo
    Hallie
    http://lifeoceanside.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow, it looks really good!
    When I was young I used makeup to put a big bruise on my ankle to get out of gym, my mum was going to take me to the hospital till I fessed up lol.

    ReplyDelete
  7. you did a really great job in putting that black eye makeup on!it looks so real!
    by the way im a new follower from the blog hop.hope you can visit my blog too!


    hugs,
    Meg http://confettiandfireworks.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh my gosh..I thought that was real! Looks good, well, you know what I mean, Maybe, I think..! Found you on the Find and Follow!

    ReplyDelete
  9. OMG! You scared me!!! Wow that is amazingly real looking!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Too neat!! You go girl! Looks good! or bad? painful? hahaa.

    ReplyDelete
  11. great job! would you like to follow each other in gfc? let me know! http://xxxloveisbeautyxxx.blogspot.ie/

    ReplyDelete
  12. Whoa...I thought that was real! Good job!

    ReplyDelete
  13. It looked so real! Great job! :)

    ReplyDelete
  14. Just in time for Halloween. :)

    Following you from the hop. Happy rest of the weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  15. AHHAHA. Oh my goodness. I was a little worried that maybe your hubby went all Chris Brown on you. ;) Too funny!
    XO,
    Whitney

    ReplyDelete
  16. Awesome! When I was about 8, I took a stage makeup class and gave myself a pretty convincing black eye too. And then I told my mom my brother hit me. Hahah... poor thing almost got in a LOT of trouble before I fessed up. :)

    ReplyDelete