Website map

Thursday, July 18, 2013

Sitting in my little secluded box

I know, I know. I've been a little MIA for the past week. But I have a good excuse, I promise! We have been having dress and tech rehearsals for a play that I am Stage Manager for. Yesterday was our preview performance, and tonight is opening night!

So I've been spending my evenings cooped up in a little black stage manager box for the past couple days. But I get a birds-eye-view of the stage!


Now that the show is actually opening, my days will be less chaotic because I won't be stressing about making sure the set gets built in time, that the costumes all work properly, that the props are where they need to be when they need to be, feeling that the actors aren't off-book enough, etc.

Now I just get to sit in my little black stage manager box and relax. And do the light cues, because that's my job. And I will not let myself panic if something goes dreadfully wrong, like one of our prop bows breaking in half or a costume ripping at the seams. (knock on wood...)



Break a leg, my lovely cast!

And to the blogging world... I'll finally have time for my blog again very very soon! See you on the other side!


2 comments:

  1. The fact that you are a stage manager just made my respect for you go up about a million levels. Stage managers are the reason shows are amazing! Good luck!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Boy oh boy, you don't need to explain being busy to me. My daughter just found out that she wants to be a stage manager or a dramaturg. Studying along with her about the 2 roles has shown me one thing, you bring the play to life! I'm glad I found you at the Journeys of the Zoo Bloglovin' Thursday Hop. Thanks for linking up. Break a leg! :)

    - Rhonda Born Unique Baby Guide by YVSG

    ReplyDelete