Website map

Tuesday, February 24, 2015

Chocolate, My Love


If there is one thing in my life that I am pretty much addicted to, it's chocolate. I am completely and ardently in love with it. It's very unhealthy, as most addictions are.

So it's a pretty big deal that I've decided to participate in Lent this year and have given up chocolate in any and all forms. I've always been interested in Lent when my friends have done it, and love the intentions and meanings behind it, but I haven't ever joined in. This will be good for me. Not only will I feel strengthened by knowing that I can resist my cravings, it should also help a lot in my quest to lose the baby weight. It will also add a fresh element to the Easter season for me.

And of course, Doug came home with a pack of giant chocolate muffins from Costco the day after my fast started. Ooops.


On a different note, we had a good Valentine's Day! Flower bouquets, chocolates, a new candle, a little scavenger hunt that I put together for Doug, and we even got to escape for a little late lunch date while our brother-in-law watched Nicole. (Thanks Nick!) It was great to have a little baby-free time.

BTW, I'm already down a pound from when Lent started. You guys. I really do eat too much chocolate.

No comments:

Post a Comment