Website map

Saturday, May 23, 2015

She loves to see the temple (and so do I)


It's been a rainy sort of week here in Provo. Despite the rain, Nicole and I have taken some very needed adventures outside of our apartment in the past few days, and one of those adventures was a little picnic on the grounds of the Provo temple. We managed to finish up right before the rain started. If there's one thing that can ruin a picnic, it's rain! Still... I love rainy weather here in Utah, especially in the spring and summer. Everything is so green, and the mountains look beautiful.

This city has grown on me. I never wanted to raise my family in the "Utah bubble" but the longer I live here, the more I like it. And let's be honest - beautiful views like this are a great bonus that we don't have in Fresno. The mountains are right in my backyard!


This building in particular is so beautiful. I haven't been able to go in a temple since I was pregnant, but the next best thing is sitting close to one and telling my little baby girl about these wonderful, special buildings. The temples that my church has built over the years are all so important to me. I want them to be important to her too. (And really, they are all so beautiful!)

Nicole liked the temple.
She likes a lot of things, actually.
Such as "talking" to me.
She loves to tell me aaaaaall about it.


This motherhood gig is hard. I love being a mom, and I love Nicole, but boy is it hard sometimes. I'm trying my best to go out and DO things more often - for my own sanity, and because Nicole enjoys being pushed around places in her stroller - but even with the daytrips, it's been one of those rough months. That's a whole different blog post, though.

Being in the temple is something I've really been needing recently. I've been longing for the peace and calm that you rarely find anywhere else except in a House of the Lord. Fortunately, just sitting by the temple helped me feel better. It can hold me over until I can find the chance to go in.

Meanwhile, I can just keep hoping and praying that this little girl of mine will stay healthy and happy and keep making me laugh and smile. That gummy grin of hers melts my heart every time. (And yes, she's practicing her Zoolander face in that second-to-last picture ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment