Website map

Friday, December 4, 2015

Nicole // ONE YEAR!


Happy birthday to the sweetest little daughter a mommy could ask for! My baby girl is ONE! I'm officially the mother of a toddler. That's ridiculous, you guys. I could say so many sappy things in this post, but we'll save that for another time. For this post, I want to focus on the birthday girl!


We'll start with new developments:

+ As you can kind of see in the pictures, she's walking now! Her record is around 20 steps, and it's so fun to watch her gain confidence and improve.

+ She has a total of 6 teeth, and in the past few days she has started drooling like crazy, so we might have some more coming in really soon. No rest for the baby!

+ She loves to click her tongue, especially when you do it back to her.

+ This week, she's decided to start being a little picky about food. Happy birthday? Ha.

+ We're officially, exclusively down to one nap. That makes me sad, but sometimes her nap ends up lasting 3 hours. I do not complain when that happens.

+ She loves to "help" with the dishwasher. In fact, she can recognize the sound of the dishwasher being opened from the other end of the apartment and will come speeding down the hall as fast as she can to come pull the silverware out. She always grabs a knife first.

+ When she's done eating, she violently yanks off her bumbo tray and tosses it to the floor. Clearly, we need to upgrade to an actual highchair with a tray that firmly attaches to it.

+ Her vocabulary consists of: Mama, Dada, Hi, Hey, Yeah, and every now and then I hear her say something that sounds like Thank You.

+ There's a little sparkly purple bear that I've had since sometime in my childhood, and I passed it on to her. She loves carrying it around because it's so easy for her little hands to hold.

+ She went through a short phase where she would pat her head during "5 Little Monkeys" every time a monkey fell of the bed and bonked it's head... and then she stopped doing it recently. It was cute while it lasted!

+ We put the Christmas Tree up last night after she went to bed... she saw it for the first time for her birthday this morning. She couldn't care less. At least I won't have to worry about her messing with it!


^^^Not pictured... her crying once she realized how cold the snow was. I had to stop taking pictures and warm her hands back up for her. She stayed away from the snow after that ;)

NOW let's take a look at some of the things she's experienced in the first year of life.

At the age of 1, Nicole has:
- Been in 3 states (4 if you count driving through the top corner of Arizona)
- Been to the beach twice
- Traveled on 6 planes
- Gotten sick only once (a cold at the age of 1 month)
- Attended a football game
- Attended a ballroom dance lab at BYU
- Tried too many new foods to count
- Had one bloody nose
- Gained roughly 11-12 lbs and grown 7-8 inches (we'll find out for sure in a few days)
- Met her first Disney Princesses (Elsa and Anna)
- Thrown up once... because she over-indulged at dinner time. This happened earlier this week, by the way. AND she didn't let me know when it happened, so I woke up to find a baby with up-chuck crusted into her hair because she just slept in it. Baby don't care! Gaaah, sometimes this child confuses me.


I really don't know what words I can use to accurately capture Nicole's personality. She is curious, fun-loving, happy, determined, caring, concerned, smart, and manages to give me plenty of snuggle time while still being excellent at playing by herself. I have seriously been able to go about the apartment cleaning and doing things for over an hour without needing to hold her or entertain her... she entertains herself. Not always, but fairly often.

And now... let's look at a progression of pictures to see how much she's changed in one year ;) I got very nostalgic looking at all her monthly updates... I included the links for the updates under each picture.

Newborn (5 days old)











11 months (the vampire teeth!!!)

12 months

Nicole, thank you for being our sweet little girl! Your daddy and I love you more than words can describe. You bring us so much joy, and we wouldn't trade you for anything in the whole wide world. Happy birthday, my dear little girl! Here's to many, many more!

(And don't worry, dear readers... cake smash pictures are forth-coming ;)


No comments:

Post a Comment