Website map

Sunday, May 15, 2016

Baby #2 // 17 Weeks


So here's the low down.

1st trimester symptoms included: occasional headaches, a loss of appetite, tender baby feeders, fuzzy vision if I stood up too fast, mood swings, getting out of breath faster during my workouts, needing to pee more, and days where I was exhausted. (No random nosebleeds this time, though!)

And... no morning sickness. Again. I'm not complaining.

Basically, this pregnancy started out just like my first pregnancy.


Second trimester: I had strange, vivid dreams and round ligament pain at the beginning, but those have both stopped now. I'm surprised that the ligament pain disappeared so soon! I guess it's faster this time because I've already been stretched out before. My chest still feels tender if I'm not wearing a bra, though.

I'm not experiencing any other symptoms currently (Yay!!!!) except occasional mood swings and occasional insomnia. It won't be long before I have to break out the big pillows to help me fall asleep!

The second trimester really is a golden time. I went on a hike yesterday morning and had no problem keeping up with the other 7 ladies! Work it, Ashley. Work it while you still can. Those second-half symptoms are just around the corner.


I can already feel little taps and bumps from the baby. My favorite part of pregnancy! At my 16 week appointment, the doctor had to chase him/her around with the doppler for a while before the baby settled down long enough for us to listen to the heartbeat. Looks like we've got a hyper one on our hands! ;)

No maternity clothing yet. I'll probably be living in maxi dresses all summer, though.

I've also only gained about 3 pounds so far! Yay! I'm trying to keep a tighter hand on my weight this time; I don't want to gain 55 pounds again. I'm still driving down to Provo once a week to go to my beloved Barre class and to let Nicole see her friends at Child Watch (I just couldn't let it go completely!) - other than that, I need to depend on my own eating habits and at-home exercises to keep the weight gain reasonable.

We'll find the gender out in a couple weeks! It's still just as exciting the second time around!



1 comment:

  1. So excited to find out the gender!!!
    Glad to hear that all is well.
    ~Jenna

    ReplyDelete