Website map

Tuesday, August 6, 2019

Autumn // 6 Months



This little sweet pea has been with us for half a year! She has a mind of her own, and the cheesiest little personality starting to shine through. Here's an update:

- She loves to roll around and be on her tummy.

- She has no interest whatsoever in learning to sit. Every time I try to help her practice, she puts in no effort. In her own time, that's for sure!

- We've started solids, and she enjoys every new flavor I offer her. (Pardon the orange-ish hue to her face in these pictures, she had just eaten some carrot puree before! AND I had put her down on the grass, which she did NOT like... hence the teary eyes. Oops!)

- She gets a little loopy in the evening as we get close to bedtime. She gets very giggly while getting her pajamas on, and flashes me the absolute cheesiest smiles I've ever seen from a baby. She's a hoot!

- In regards to the smiles... many of them are normal smiles, like in these pictures... but I kid you not, many others are ultra-cheesy. I cannot emphasize enough the level of cheese. Her whole face scrunches up, and she starts breathing really hard and shows off that gummy grin as widely as she possibly can. Oh, how I love it.

- Those smallest 3 fingers on her left hand are in her mouth coooonstantly.

- She loves playing with her toes!

- She will NOT sleep on-the-go. Ever. The one exception is if we are in the car and she's really tired.

- Favorite toys are her Very Hungry Caterpillar rattle and the linking rings that came with it, along with a pink cupcake-shaped teether.

- She hasn't even gained a full pound in the past 2 months, which means she's dropped down to the 4th percentile. I'm trying some things at home and will be taking her back to the doctor in 2 weeks to re-weigh her. If she's still not gaining weight, we'll probably need to run some tests to figure out why. This is new territory for me, since I've always had chunky babies with steady weight-gain.

- So ticklish!

- Loves gently playing with my hair when I'm rocking her before nap/bed time

- Also loves hanging upside down

- We love her. The end.



No comments:

Post a Comment