Website map

Sunday, October 6, 2019

Autumn // 8 Months


Our sweet girl is 8 months old, and living it up during her namesake season! That little personality is really starting to shine through, and she's an absolute darling. Here are some updates:

- Autumn is SO keen to move, but just hasn't figured it out yet. I've noticed (in the past week or two, particularly) that she has gotten bouncier and louder, and has a harder time sitting still. She stretches like crazy for things that are just out of reach, so it's only a matter of time before she figures out how to inch forward (especially with how excited she gets to see her crazy siblings running around).

- Meanwhile, she loves to sit and play with her baby block set, or any odds and ends she can get her hands on.

- We may finally have a ginger baby because her incoming toddler hair looks like it might be auburn! We'll see as it grows out.

- Her eye color is still a great mystery to us. It changes based on her surroundings. I'm pretty sure at this point that they're grey. Often stormy grey, sometimes a blue grey, or grey with brown streaks near the center. I love seeing how her eyes look each day.

- She gets extremely mad if I try to feed her. By that, I mean when she's sitting in her high chair, she wants to do everything herself. Don't you even dare try to stick in a spoon in her mouth; SHE has to do it! At this point, she usually eats whatever we eat anyways.

- She still isn't a fan of baths, but if I power through quickly, we can get her in and out before a full meltdown happens.

- Stranger Danger Phase is in full force, as well as the beginnings of separation anxiety. She usually needs a bit of time to warm up to someone before she's fine with me handing her off to them. Sometimes, she'll be playing by herself just fine, but then she'll see me walk by and instantly freak out as I leave the room.

- She's also FINALLY started reaching for me (I wondered if she ever would) and it's the sweetest thing. I love feeling loved by a bitty baby.

- She didn't gain any weight for a whole month, even with me trying to nurse her more frequently (she never wants to nurse for long lengths of time, so I think she perhaps wasn't getting enough hindmilk?) so we started supplementing with formula. It's not that much--2 ounces in the mornings after she's nursed and eaten breakfast, and 2 in the evenings after nursing right before bed--but it has made a world of difference. I'm happy to say that she's gained a whole pound in the past 2 1/2 weeks! She's still tiny, but... progress!

- We're officially down to a 2-naps-per-day schedule.

- She really likes bananas. Like, a lot.

- She has started saying "da da da da da..."

- As the seasons change, she's developing a bit of eczema. Both of her siblings had it (especially Nicole) so I'm not surprised, but Autumn's is the most mild out of the three kids. It's mostly on her face, but she had some on her legs and arms for a week or two.

- She has started copying some of the things we do. For example, if I shake my head back and forth, she'll get a coy little grin on her face and shake her head right back. So cute!

- You can see those two pearly whites very clearly now! Still just the two, so far, but I think another one or two may be breaking through in the next couple weeks.


No comments:

Post a Comment