Website map

Friday, May 1, 2020

30 Before 30 // Family Bike Rides

#5) Get a bike, along with a bike trailer to put the kids in, and go on family bike rides.

It's been a while, hasn't it? But I can finally check another item off my list! I have several other items in progress currently, one of which was going to be checked off next Friday, but is now postponed indefinitely thanks to the pandemic. Michael Buble, I'll wait for your concert as long as I need to!!!

Moving on.


I got a bike somewhere around the time I got pregnant with Autumn, and it was so exhilarating to go on that first ride on the trail by my house after years of being bike-less. I had forgotten how wonderful it felt to be on a bike, although I didn't get to use it much as my pregnancy progressed.

While Doug's dad was living with us last summer, Doug and I got to escape the house in the evenings once the kids were in bed to go on bike rides together (when it wasn't boiling hot). Fast forward to currently, and we have a bike trailer to put the 2 older kids in (it took some time to find one that would support up to 100 lbs between 2 kids, but didn't break the bank) along with a seat that attaches to the frame of my bike for Autumn to sit in. Hooray for family bike rides!

If the city/state decides to open splash pads this summer, then we'll be able to bike to the one closest to us! We also want to work up to biking into Provo Canyon. I've done that on my own before, but if we bring children along, I would want to be capable of biking at a faster pace so that we can get into the canyon before the kids get restless. Let them out to play and explore, then bike back home!

^^^ Sometimes, Autumn lucks out and gets to ride in the trailer. Also, I can't figure out why this picture is pixelated while the other one isn't... I'll see if I can fix that later.

You can find my entire "30 Before 30" bucket list by clicking here.

No comments:

Post a Comment