Website map

Monday, September 24, 2012

A Combo I Cannot Resist

If there is one dessert combo I love, it is that of peanut butter and chocolate.
It is divinity in an edible form.
If you want to get on my good side, feed me something with PB&C.
It's a true weakness, and an effective way to get me to consume too many sweets in one day.

My family and I had a tradition as I was growing up of making cookies or brownies every Sunday. The kids would take turns every week choosing/making the dessert. You can bet your britches that when it was my turn, the dessert would be something involving the classic peanut butter/chocolate combo.

No-bake cookies are an all-time favorite of mine. Top of the list, for sure. However, I've discovered a different recipe that is just as yummy... and my hubby definitely has trouble staying away from them.

In fact, we just made these delectable delights this very evening! I just got done cutting them up... the chocolate topping is still a little soft.

Behold... No-Bake Peanut Butter Squares!

Doesn't it make you drool just looking at them?! I've already eaten a couple.



Let me share the happiness with you.

No-Bake Peanut Butter Squares

2 cups powdered sugar
1 cup butter or margarine, softened
1 cup peanut butter
1 teaspoon vanilla
2 3/4 cups graham cracker crumbs
1 cup chopped peanuts (I always leave these out)
For topping:
1 package (12 ounces) semi-sweet chocolate chips (2 cups)
1/4 cup peanut butter

Line square pan, 9x9x2 inches, with aluminum foil. Beat powdered sugar, butter, 1 cup peanut butter, and vanilla in large bowl on medium speed. Stir in graham cracker crumbs and peanuts (mixture will be stiff). Press in pan.

Melt chocolate chips and 1/4 cup peanut butter over low heat, stirring frequently, until smooth. Spread over bars. Refrigerate about 1 hour, or until chocolate is fairly firm (but not too firm because you don't want the chocolate to break when you cut it!) Remove from pan, using foil to lift. Cut into rows (6x6 is a good size). Refrigerate about 2 hours or until firm. Store covered in refrigerator.


There you go. Now you can have happiness in your life. Unless you are one of those people who does not like peanut butter. If you are... you are missing out on a great-tasting treat. Just saying.

post signature

27 comments:

  1. my husband loves pbc one of his favorite combos. i made him a peanut butter chocolate pie for his birthday yesterday. these no-bake squares look amazing

    ReplyDelete
  2. I was hesitant to read this entry at this hour because now I'm kinda craving for some! Even worse, all the ingredients are in my pantry!! Will definitely have to give this a go when hubby comes home...... next year.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ohhh these look like heaven. Do you get as excited as me when the Reese PB Easter eggs come out?!

    Tara
    http://tarabelle-adropofink.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh, I DIE when Reeses PB eggs come out. They're so stinkin' good!

      Delete
  4. Mmm, these look so good. Have you ever had Buckeyes? If not, I should post the recipe... Love your blog!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've never had them, no... definitely post them :)

      Delete
  5. Yum. Looks delicious. Once again...please bring me some! ha ha

    ReplyDelete
  6. Those do look delicious. As a Canadian, I can tell you that one of the things I miss down here in Provo are Nanaimo Bars. I'm guessing you have never even heard of them! If you can bake peanut butter and chocolate bars, you can make Nanaimo Bars!

    You will thank me!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Those look absolutely delicious!! :) They are going on my must bake list now....

    ReplyDelete
  8. Those look really tasty, I am drooling just looking at your photos

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hello!!
    Stopping by from the "followers to friends" linkup today :)
    New follower!
    xoxo
    Anni

    ReplyDelete
  10. Ooh wow my sweets would absolutely love these! His two most favorite combos for sure!!

    Gina
    http://ramblesbygina.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  11. Found your blog via FTF and I'm excited to follow along. Those look delicious and your blog is so cute! Love it! Check out my blog if you get a chance.

    Sarah @ Our Family of Three
    woodsfamilyofthree.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  12. These look delicious!! Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Yum! Definitely going to have to make these sometime! Great post!

    -Madison

    www.talltalesatteatime.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  14. OMG, my husband is going to die. Thanks for sharing. PB and C are his faves too. (it's alright to abbreviate, we all know by now what I'm saying!)

    Thanks for popping by my blog a few months ago. I took a long break, but am back! I'm following you as well! Love your style!

    Claire
    seekingcharm.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  15. This is soooo wrong but yet so RIGHT!!! I cannot have this in my house because it would be attacked immediately but I can say good job in sparking up my sweet tooth... I'll survive.
    Have a great day.
    Jillian
    http://puzzlemecomplete.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  16. OH MY GOSHHHHH those look amazing just got so freaking hungry!!
    xox
    Ash@ABPetite

    http://abpetite.blogspot.com/2012/09/skinny-chicken-cordon-bleu-pasta.html

    ReplyDelete
  17. Holy moly!! Those sure wouldn't last around here. Thanks for sharing! :o)

    Erika
    babylonsoapco.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  18. These look incredible! I can almost taste the peanut butter looking at the pic!

    ReplyDelete
  19. YUM!! These look amazing. Making them ASAP! :)

    ReplyDelete
  20. These look so yummy. It's nearly dinner time here and I can feel my tummy rumbling just looking at these.

    Sarah
    http://acatlikecuriosity.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  21. Yum! They look so delicious! I'll have to make some around Christmas!

    I came across your blog from the I love my post Blog Hop!
    I'd love for you to visit me at http://www.fashionablysaving.wordpress.com

    ReplyDelete
  22. Thanks so much for linking up to Heavenly Treats Sunday! I am featuring these Yummy No Bake Treat!

    ReplyDelete
  23. Oh my gosh! These look sinfully delicious! Peanut butter and chocolate IS the perfect combo! How do you not eat all these yourself?! I'd have to give half of the them away. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  24. Oh my goodness yum!The blog world has the best recipes. And peanut butter and chocolate is a match made in heaven. I found your blog through the hop, I can't wait to read more. Em xo

    ReplyDelete