Website map

Friday, July 6, 2012

Spending the 4th in Provo

Happy (belated) 4th of July!
Goodness, I need to be more timely with my blog posts!

This was my first ever 4th of July spent here in Provo.
In other words... this was my first time seeing the Provo 4th of July Parade!
I must say, I really enjoyed it!

Tons of city Pageant floats

A couple old cars

Disney! Classic...

There were tons of high school bands and color guard groups...
THIS band came all the way from Boston, MA to be in this parade! That's how legit we are in Provo!

And of course, what is a parade without going to all the fun booths in the area?!
Have you ever walked on water? In a giant air ball?

Doug really wanted to go on these things... I think it would be super fun too

We had a fun little ward shin-dig that evening in the quad.
Potluck.
Doug and I made Tiramisu... and no, we were not very liberal with the cocoa powder.
Oh well.
I'll break the baking process down in another post!

Cutesy red, white, & blue flats I was wearing





3-legged race.
The couple in the middle = speed demons. Nobody else stood a chance!

Water balloon toss... that we didn't win... nobody did, actually...

Tug-of-war!

We finished up the day at my aunt's house. The boys are all getting set for fireworks!
Fireworks + over a dozen boys (most of whom are under 10) = one heck of a time!

Although I miss being in Fresno for holidays, it's still fun to establish new traditions here in Provo.
Side note... I always feel like July 4th is the halfway point of summer.
We're halfway done already?!
Not that I'm complaining... after all, my favorite season is fall!

No comments:

Post a Comment