Website map

Thursday, October 29, 2015

Cauldron Cakes


A bunch of Potterheads united tonight to have a little Harry Potter party for Halloween. Fun fact: not a single person in attendance was a Gryffindor. So much for it being "the most popular house" and all...

I tried my hand at making Cauldron Cakes (recipe found here, but I used my own chocolate cupcake recipe instead of devil's food) and they didn't turn out too bad for a first timer! So, ya know, I had to give you all some close-up pictures of all the imperfections ;) I made the handles too thin though, and they kept breaking and/or melting as I tried to attach them to the cauldrons (even after freezing them and rubbing my hands on an ice pack to cool them down).

Oh well, at least I got one misshapen handle to attach properly enough to take a picture! (And it broke not long afterwards. Womp womp.) You could always change the filling (maybe dye it green) and call it a witch's cauldron instead of a Cauldron Cake to make it a more general Halloween treat... for those of you weirdos who don't like Harry Potter. :P


2 comments:

  1. I'm not a Harry Potter fan-never read the books or watched the movies, but the image caught my attention because it looks delicious! Also, I think I would destroy those handles-working with chocolate in any way other than eating it has always been a struggle for me. Nice work!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! And I definitely ate some of the chocolate in the process ;) It's just so much simpler to eat it!

      Delete